Thursday, February 5, 2009

Obama's Got the Right Stuff, and he's Hangin' Tough

I'm such an Obama fangirl that it's getting embarrassing.

The angel of journalistic balance is on my right shoulder, whispering sweet words of fairness and impartiality, while the devil of partisan whoring is on my left shoulder, telling me Obama is So. Freakin'. Awesome. I even had a dream last night that he invited me to join his meetings for a whole day. As Nancy Pelosi prattled on about something or other, I noticed Obama was wearing white knee socks and bathroom slippers with his suit. And that only made him cooler.

I'm tempted to start a fan club and send out 8-by-10 glossies of him in his swimming trunks and "official" membership cards and quarterly newsletters, like they used to have for the New Kids on the Block. Or so I hear.

BTW: When I checked Wikipedia to make sure I didn't fuck up the names of the songs, I found out NKOTB has actually gotten back together and is doing a reunion tour with Natasha Bedingfield and Lady Gaga. They were even in NYC at the end of October. I'm disgusted with myself that I missed this, even as I suspect it was a lot like catching my grandma in a thong -- keeping in mind that my grandma's been dead for 28 years.

But Obama is totally not like my rotting grandmother. He's gonna be so awesome, like, forever.

3 comments:

  1. I admit to having a bad case of fangirlitis, too.

    I heard an NPR bit a week ago and they said "the President" and blah blah blah, then there was a clip of Obama speaking and I got all choked up. I can't really explain WHY listening to him speak full sentences in ENGLISH was making me feel so emotional, but it did.

    I'm so happy I'll never have to hear W anymore I could just about SCREAM! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally join the Obama fan club. Maybe I could help make up the t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'd have to dye them funky colors and add little clips so people could tie them to the side.

    ReplyDelete